We are Neet and Wendy and we would like to welcome you to our fortnightly challenge, ‘Artful Times’, where we are offering a variety of challenges to inspire you to create in whichever style or medium of crafting you enjoy. You never know, we might even inspire you to create something out of your comfort zone and try out something new.

Yes like all challenge sites we have rules and guidelines. We hope you will read and follow them, we have Oyster Stamps as our sponsor, and of course, a winner and runner up will be chosen each month. We may also have the occasional guest designer.



Friday 4 January 2013

Challenge 20 - Get those Embossing Folders Out

Here we are at the start of a new year and a new challenge and hoping you are all well and recovered from the festivities.

Did you get any new toys to play with ? well if you did you might like to show them off with this challenge which is to use 2 or more embossing folders and if you have some spending money then there are lots to choose from at Oyster Stamps and who knows - follow the rules and you could win a £10 voucher.

We are very fortunate this fortnight to have Julia as a guest designer, here is her tag and you can read all about how she made it with more than one embossing folder if you follow the link above.


Thank you Julia

Here is mine - how many embossing folders can you spot?


 Neet was totally stumped with my original suggestion of using several embossing folders and she could not get her head around it at all.  Then inspiration struck, thanks to a blog she visited so here is her idea using several folders.
 


Now what will you all come up with?

9 comments:

Craftychris said...

all these are fab! Maybe I will have a go at this challenge - I haven't joined in for ages! xx

Jenny Marples said...

Just seen this challenge with one of my favourite crafters - Julia!!!! LOVE the inspirational projects. Isn't it amamzing what you can do with folders.
Having posted something today which used three embossing folders I'm gonna link it up here (as Arny would say "I'll be back".
Hugs, Jenny x

Julia S-W said...

Thanks so much for the opportunity Ladies! Sorry I was a little late with posting - I thought it was next week! Sorted now anyway. Happy New Year everyone! xx

Sandra's Spot said...

Happy New Year Ladies, welcome Julia. I love the theme and wonderful DT pieces now off to visit your blogs. I will be joining in for sure just need a think LOL. Hugs Sandra X

chrissie said...

Happy 2013 All.

Love all of the samples and what a great challenge-thank you.

Lovely to see Julia as a guest.

Best wishes Chrissie xx

ionabunny said...

Fab theme. I do so love my embossing folders but I do tend to stick to one so this will hopefully open up some more possibilities. Off to emboss.........

CarlaKH said...

wow- such gorgeous examples! I love each of them- now I need to get my thinking cap on and join in!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Ahh...this is a great challenge; embossing folders, I use them all the time, so may have to join in, the DT's work is inspiring.
Smiles :-)
Sue

Meggymay said...

Great challenge and fantastic examples DT